The Guest acknowledges and agrees that these conditions apply and extend to any person (also referred to as “Guest”)
1. All guests booking accommodation at St Helen’s Country Cottages must be over 18 years of age, hold a valid credit card and agree to the terms and conditions of occupancy.
2. Bookings made with St Helen’s are NOT confirmed until a deposit or full tariff has been received and confirmation of the booking has been issued by St Helen’s.
3. Full payment must be received by cash, bank cheque, electronic funds transfer or credit card before occupancy commences unless prior arrangements have been made.
4. Check-in at the St Helen’s office is required at or after the check-in time of 2 pm on the day shown on your confirmation email. A Guest registration form must be completed and signed by the guest on check-in. The balance of any tariff is payable at this time. Credit card details are required for security.
5. The guest will be liable for any payment of any charges incurred by any Guest together with all replacement costs for any damage or loss to the cottage or suite caused by any guest.
6. The cottage/suite must not be used for any unlawful purpose.
7. Only the number of guests shown in the confirmation may stay in the cottage/ suite unless you have made prior arrangements with the management.
8. Pets may stay only with the approval of the management. Only one pet is to stay in each cottage except with the permission of management.
A guest registration form for guests with pets must be completed and signed and valid credit card details as security bond provided by the guest prior to check-in.
9. St Helen’s Country Cottages is to be used for holiday accommodation only. Noisy parties or functions with excessive numbers of non-staying visitors are not permitted.
10. Smoking is not permitted in any cottages but is allowed on outside balconies.
11. Neither the owners or manager is liable for any damage or loss of property which a Guest may sustain while at St. Helen’s Country Cottages.
12. The regulations of St Helen’s must be complied with and any reasonable direction of the manager must be complied with. The cottage must be vacated if, after receiving a warning, any Guest fails to comply. This applies especially during the Fire season.
13. There is no refund for early departure.
14. St Helen’s management recommends the guest purchases travel insurance to cover any unforeseen circumstances.
15. The management is not responsible for any misperception of the property.
16. Prior to departure, the cottage is to be left clean and tidy with all rubbish bags tied up and placed in the bins provided. Recycling may be placed next to the bin. Any leftover food may be left in the refrigerator. The cottage must be left locked with windows closed and the key returned either to the key return box outside the office or to the manager in the office. Any furniture which has been moved is to be returned to its original position.
An extra cleaning fee of $50 applies and will be debited from your credit card if the cottage is not left in a satisfactory condition.
17. Check out is by 10.30 am, unless a late check-out time has been negotiated previously, and keys are to be returned to the key box outside the office door on departure. We are flexible with this depending on other arrivals.
18. Lost keys are replaced at the Guests expense.
19. All equipment or appliances in the cottages are subject to breakdown and sometimes delayed repairs. Whilst every endeavour is made by the manager to ensure that the cottages are maintained in a satisfactory condition, and whilst any breakdown of equipment, services or appliances are brought to the attention of the manager will be attended to as promptly as possible. The manager will not be responsible for any delays in rectifying such issues due to the need to engage external tradesmen, contractors or suppliers. Factors beyond our control such as the weather, delays in sourcing replacement items or tradesmen are not the responsibility of the management. Whilst every endeavour will be made to provide full amenities, no refund or reduction in tariff will be made for unavailability of these items during the guests stay.
We understand that sometimes cancellations can occur, however, we do not give refunds.
- Deposit of $100/ couple is required for telephone or email bookings.
- Cancellations one month or more in advance: We hold the deposit for 6 months so that guests can re-book another time.
- Cancellations one month to 2 weeks in advance: you forfeit 50% of your deposit unless the management is able to re-book the accommodation.
- Cancellations 2 weeks to 1 week in advance: you forfeit 100% of your deposit unless the management is able to re-book the accommodation.
- Cancellations one week or less in advance: deposit is forfeited and any balance payable is deducted from the credit card supplied for deposit unless the management is able to re-book the accommodation by the check-in time.
Please phone manager for prior approval.
Our cottages are pet-friendly but unfortunately, we cannot extend this offer to the Guest Suite.
Conditions for pets staying at St Helen’s Country Cottages are as follows:
- Credit card details are taken when you check-in to cover any damage attributable to your pet.
- You will be asked to sign a pet agreement when you arrive.
- You are encouraged to take photographs of the cottage on arrival if you think that your pet may be blamed for it. If you use your phone it will be dated and the time will also be visible.
- $20 fee (non-returned)
- 1 pet only is allowed per cottage.
- Small pets stay at the discretion of the management.
- All pets are to be kept under your control when not in the cottage.
- Pets may not sleep on the cottage bed or furniture so must have their own sleeping arrangements brought with them.
- If left alone at the cottage all pets must be secured outside and not left alone inside.
- Any additional cleaning required because of a pet incurs a fee deducted from the bond.
Please address all mail to St Helens Country Cottages, PO Box 1505, Clare SA 5453.